Symbols - What does heaven look like
Brownies are house spirits, and are thus Spirit Beings that have attached themselves to a ‘house’. They are less a symbol and more of a personification of spirit functions.
We have a detailed section that goes into the differences betwen brownies, boggarts, kobalds, Cluricaun [Ireland] and Nis - see Brownies and Boggarts.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Cornwall - Seeing the Piskies #014019
- Keightley, Thomas - Brown dwarfs #011263
- Keightley, Thomas - Brownies #011271
- Keightley, Thomas - House elves #011270
- Keightley, Thomas - Portunes #011269
- Keightley, Thomas - The pranks of the Nis #011260
- Manning, Matthew - The Link - 09 Missing objects are returned unharmed #011187
- Manning, Matthew - The Link - 23 'House elves' and 'Brownies' #011223
- Stevenson, Robert Louis - And his out of body adventures #007961
- Stevenson, Robert Louis - On brownies and boggarts #001555