Thus an event is an output from the function of an Aggregate that needs to be received by other aggregates. This communication may take place at the 'physical level' in that some physical medium is used to 'carry' the message. The message [output] is still spiritual in nature, but an electrical or chemical medium is used to transport it. For example our stomach [aggregate] might feel functionally full and signals this fact via the physical medium of nerves to our brain and thence the function of the mind.
If we get a bit of fluff up our nose, for example, a chain reaction of functions is started, one of which might result in physical action and we sneeze involuntary. Similarly if we cut ourselves [physical action – the event], a whole series of functions may be actioned that trigger our immune system, our blood clotting function and so on.
Analogously, it is like a computer, where we press the keyboard or the mouse button [the event] and this actions a series of software functions.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Aurelius, Marcus - Meditations - Events #003779
- Babbage, Charles - The Ninth Bridgewater Treatise #004025
- Emerson, Ralph Waldo - Intellect - On intellect #004107
- John Townley and Robert Schmidt - The law of seriality and its implications for astrology #014273
- Kammerer, Paul - Systems, functions and function dependency explained #014272
- Kammerer, Paul - The law of seriality 01 #014268
- Kammerer, Paul - The law of seriality 02 #014269
- Kammerer, Paul - The law of seriality 03 #014270
- Kammerer, Paul - The law of seriality 04 #014271
- Planck, Max - Look beyond the senses #018752
- Plotinus - The Enneads - The prayer is answered #002855
- Schopenhauer, Arthur - The World as Will and Idea - An erection is a motive, because it is an idea #006055