The observations provide some of the names used in various cultures for Energy, these include Tao, Qi and so on, but the following are also possible synonyms:
In Inuit culture, Silap Inua or Silla is the primary ‘component’ of everything that exists; it is also the breath of life and the method of any movement or change – the driving force behind evolution. It is formless and without any ‘characteristics’. The Inuit have also personified the force as a deity but although male the deity is never depicted – being formless and characterless.
Other possible synonyms
I also came across other names which may describe the same thing. Please note that the spelling may be wrong because the names are an attempt to transcribe a spoken term.
- Iranian mythology : asha
- Finnish mythology : Väki
- Norse mythology : seid or od
- Basque mythology : Adur
- Pueblo North American Indians: Po-wa-ha
- Sioux North American Indians – Wakonda
- Iroquois mythology : orenda
- Salish-Kootenai mythology : sumesh
- Anishinaabe traditional beliefs : manitou
- Leni Lenape mythology : manetuwak
- Aztec religion : teotl
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.