The One is a term used in Neoplatonic thought which is synonymous with the Creator. Aristotle’s term was ‘monad’.
“It does not exist physically and is the ultimate source of all finite things. It is an active force, perpetually producing without alteration, or motion, or diminution of itself. This production is not a physical process, but an emission of force”
Analogously, whereas the system of the universe package developer is known as the One, the master package of the sytems of the universe is known as 'the Nous' and consists of the functions for all physical entities. The World soul is then the collection of all the copies of these archetypal master systems. For example, one master set of functions for border collies [nous], but millions of border collie implementations on each actual physical border collie [world soul].
In the corresponding Trinity of Mother, Father and Son, the Father is the Creator role [the One], the Mother is the Created role [the Nous]; and all the Sons is the World soul.
All these are spirit.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Ancient Egyptian - Isis as the Mother symbol #007317
- Bhagavad Gita - All creatures exist in me #007364
- Boehme, Jacob - Father and Son #013263
- Crowley, Aleister - Book of Lies - The Cry of the hawk #012902
- Gnostic Gospels - Philip - The Heavenly Man has many More sons than the earthly #002718
- Godwin, Joscelyn - Music, Mysticism and Magic - Ten #005987
- Guru Granth - There is a light in all #017085
- Huxley, Aldous - On Birth #004794
- Jili, Abd al-Karim - Al-Kahf wa al-raqim - 011 Introduction [Extract] #013441
- Jili, Abd al-Karim - Al-Kahf wa al-raqim - 080 Section 7 #013459
- Michelangelo - 1508 Sistine Chapel - 08 Creation of the Sun and Moon #024447
- Plato – Parmenides - Socrates questions the One and the Many #013839
- Pordage, John - On God #007365
- Rig Veda - And in the One arose love #003009
- Yeats, W B - Collected poems - An abstract Greek absurdity has crazed the man #007328