A prophet is someone who is able to prophecy in the strict sense of the word predict the future without recourse to internal information in their memory.
Given this definition, it has to be said that many so called prophets in the Bible are not actually prophets at all, we might more correctly call them illuminators or sages.
This is a quote purporting to come from a book entitled 'Leaves of the Garden of M or illumination',
A prophet is a man possessing spiritual far-sightedness. Just as in the physical realm there is near-sightedness and far-sightedness so, quite simply, must one consider the quality of spiritual far-sightedness. It would be rank ignorance to reject prophecy. It would be supremely stupid to find fault with prophets.
If we investigate scientifically and dispassionately prophecies that have been preserved, what do we see? We find individuals who, despite personal inconvenience, having glanced at the next page of history, were appalled and gave warning to their people.
In so-called prophecies you will find no personal designs, you will find no culpable self-gratification, you will find no slander. The symbols of the reflections are explained by the colours of distant windows.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Al-Ghazzali - The Alchemy of Happiness - 04 On spiritual experience #018770
- Bartolomeo Brandano - Prophesies the fall of Rome #004640
- Carrel, Alexis - On prophets and prophecy #004638
- Freddie Mercury and Queen - The Prophet’s Song #022423
- Kepler, Johannes - A Prophecy comes true #004641
- Leibniz - On Prophecy #020579
- Lilly, William - Prophesies the Great Fire of London #004642
- Nizami – Makhzanol Asrar (The Treasury of Mysteries) – from Poets and Poetry 01 #018817
- Russell, George William - Miscellaneous quote - On the poet as prophet #014568
- Ruzbihan Baqli – The Unveiling of Secrets – Dancing like a Drunkard #016995
- Ruzbihan Baqli – The Unveiling of Secrets – In the form of Adam #017000
- Ruzbihan Baqli – The Unveiling of Secrets – The attack of the Saints #016989
- Samavedas – 01 Book 04 Chapter 01, DECADE III [extract verses 7-8] #017301
- Schuré - The Great Initiates – 'Remolding' in order to attain mastery #014101
- W.Y. Evans-Wentz - The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries - The Druids #014046