Diversity and beauty
Although diversity is there for the purposes of serving the creation, there is no particular reason why the diversity provided had to be done with such flair and imagination. With such an eye for beauty.
I suspect that that diversity is there to provide joy. For all the creators and co-creators. The varieties in human and animal character is also there to provide richness and variety into the creation. It is there to give us a sense of wonder in the magnificence of the creation. Huge diversity brings a continual sense of wonder and surprise.
Sit at a street side café and watch the people go by. Every face is different, every character and personality different. The emotion that should be felt is one of pure joy and happiness at the magnificence of the human race.
And deep within us, we too have the love of diversity even though we create the uniform. We personalise our cars, our houses, our phones. We decorate our bodies so that we are different from others. When we create as individuals we always seek diversity. We too cannot stand the monotony of sameness.
And yet in our perversity we create it, or at least – and perhaps this is the key thing – others create uniformity for us. The manufacturers and builders and architects, create it for us. The biologists are attempting to create it in nature by cloning. By our actions the number of species is declining at an alarming rate as more and more become extinct – so we are eliminating diversity in part to control our environment. Worse still the politically motivated also try to create sameness, often by law or by force. We must all be communists or socialists, or believe in one religion rather than others. They look for sameness of thought. We are constantly bombarded by others wishing to make us like them.
I suggest it is a loss of all spiritual perception, and materialism as the only objective. In effect, there are those so insecure and materialistic that their only motive is that of control, and control means elimination of diversity.
It is not the Creator’s will that we should be all alike, nor that we should believe in the same things, or act the same, or look the same. The opposite is true.
This is why the paths of the mystic and genius, poet and writer, artist and musician have always been their own. The great never belong to ‘groups’ or ‘parties’ or ‘clubs’.
You might enjoy the following which sums it all up rather well
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Agassiz, Louis – Essay on Classification – The argument for the existence of an intelligent Creator #024943
- Agassiz, Louis – Essay on Classification – The unity of plan in otherwise highly diversified types #024948
- Boehme, Jacob - Aurora - Celestial music and Beauty #013268
- Buddha - Mahāyāna Buddhism - Nāgārjuna #014174
- C P Cavafy - Addition #012556
- Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz - The Third Day #008252
- Constable, John - Seascape Study with Rain Cloud #002893
- Dickinson, Emily - A moth the hue of this Haunts candles in Brazil #000105
- Dürer, Albrecht - Portraits - Ideal beauty #020973
- Emerson, Ralph Waldo - Art - The purpose of art #004093
- Father Bernabe Cobo - Inca Religion and Customs - The celebration of diversity #011750
- Gerhardie, William - Resurrection - Afterthoughts 1 #010913
- Khan, Hazrat Inayat - Misc. Quotes - On art & diversity #010209
- Lame Deer - Native American Indians - Diversity and beauty #003114
- Lyall Watson - The Lightning Bird #011368
- Martineau, Harriet - Arise, My Soul And Urge thy Flight 2 #000208
- Spinoza, Baruch - Ethics - Attributes and diversity #014203
- Stapledon, Olaf - Starmaker - Diversity #000239
- Stapledon, Olaf - Starmaker - Objectives of creation #000233
- Suzuki, D T - Misc. Quote - Trisna #001983
- Teilhard de Chardin, Pierre - Phenomenon of Man - Diversification #004617
- Teilhard de Chardin, Pierre - Phenomenon of Man - Diversity and beauty #000179
- Teilhard de Chardin, Pierre - Phenomenon of Man - Specialisation #004111
- Thoreau, Henry D - Walden - The landscape of soul #001851
- Toulouse Lautrec - Cafe life #010604
- Toulouse Lautrec - Circus #010608
- Toulouse Lautrec - Moulin Rouge nightlife #010607
- Toulouse Lautrec - Suzanne Valadon #010605
- Wadsworth Longfellow, Henry - The Builders #000193
- Yeats, W B - Anima Mundi - Every soul is unique #000191